Greenville, SC 29601 US
What is your perfect fit?
- Would you enjoy an entry level accounting role that would use her attention to detail?
- Do you like working with numbers behind the scenes?
- Are you looking for a great team environment in downtown Greenville with any parking hassles?
If that describes you, we need to talk!
What your future day will look like:
- Prepare loan to share ratio for President/CEO as needed - assures figures are accurately updated when Financial Statements are completed monthly
- Reviews and processes Share Draft exception items according to policy and procedures on a daily basis
- Prepares journal entries and other tasks necessary to assure various general ledgers are in balance as they relate to this position
- Collect all daily work. Verify all corporate check copies are accounted for and properly balance back to the Bank Cash general ledger on a daily basis. Assures the teller clearing general ledger is at a zero balance at the end of each business day. Resolves any discrepancies as they arise
- Responsible for assisting with staff questions regarding check encoding and basic operations of the scanner. Assures general ledger 744045 balances to the cash letter deposits on a daily
- Maintain records for all incoming and outgoing Wire Transfers and performs any related entries.
- Processes all member research requests, account verifications and tax levies
- Prepares all accounts payable; Research and resolve any discrepancies.
- Prepares Accounts Receivable
- Prepares Overdrawn Account Report and forwards to the applicable staff on a monthly basis.
- Provides coverage for the ACH Exception report as needed for the Electronic Services Specialist.
- Gathers employee s account statements for the auditors as requested
- Maintains current contact list for each Selected Employee Group (SEG).
- Performs general ledger entries for bi-weekly payroll taxes (941, 945, SC State Taxes, SUTA, and FUTA).
- Reviews daily Suspect Member Currency Transaction Report and logs any supporting information
- Downloads daily Home Banking reports and saves in the credit union shared files
- Performs any other tasks as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
- Weekly pay through Godshall!
Type: Temp to hire
To be a champion in this role, you will need:
- Ability to pass a background, credit and drug test
- Strong attention to detail
- 2+ years in a banking or financial role
We know you are more than a resume and understand your next career move needs to be the right fit! If this is your first time considering Godshall as your trusted partner, welcome! Once you have applied, we ask that you give us 1-2 business days to review your experience and skills. You will then hear back from one of our recruiting professionals on your next step. If you are checking in to see what types of roles we have, please consider reaching out to your recruiter instead. We will happily update your file and make sure we are considering you for all roles your experience is a perfect fit for!
Godshall & Godshall Personnel Consultants, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status as a parent or protected veteran status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Cathy is a Greenville native who graduated from Clemson with a BS in Business Management. After working for 3 years for Babies R Us in both human resources and inventory control management roles, she joined Godshall in 1999 as a Recruiter and Staffing Specialist. Her primary recruiting focus is in banking, accounting, human resources, legal and administrative placements. She is involved in St. Francis Forum, NALS, Covenant United Methodist Church and Northwood Little League. This breast cancer survivor lives life the fullest by cheering on her two boys in baseball, watching her alma mater play every Saturday during the fall, and splurging on an occasional bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.