Certified Medical Assistant
Greenville, SC 29607 US
Why you will love this job: Great opportunity for a new candidate entering the medical field or an experienced CMA looking for a change with better work/life balance. Work with the best in the Upstate in this fabulous speciality practice where you medical knowledge is appreciated. Current CMA certification is required.
Salary: $18-19/hr BOE
What your future day will look like:
- Work in multiple departments as CMA where everyday is a little different.
- Manage clinic referrals
- Collects patient assessment data to include height, weight, vital signs, chief complaint/symptoms, current medications, etc. for assessment by licensed staff
- Prepares the patient for provider evaluation, including obtaining specimens, positioning for exams, listing medications, and assisting during exams and procedures
- Maintains work area, exam treatment and x-ray rooms and lab in a clean, safe manner
- Restocks with supplies and instruments and sterilize reusable equipment as needed
- Documents patient information in the medical record to include update treatment procedures, medication refills, test results, patient concerns, etc.
- Assists with lab procedures, including collecting urine specimens, collecting and preparing blood samples for reference lab, labeling all specimens with accurate patient ID as ordered by the physician
- Performs diagnostic tests as appropriate for assessment by licensed staff
- Assists with referral authorizations for specialists and pre-authorization for testing and ancillary services as directed by licensed staff, provider or mid-level practitioner
Benefits Offered: Excellent benefits, including 401K and half day Friday's
Type: Temp - Hire
To be a champion in this role, you will need:
- Current CMA Certification
- Effective communication skills with patients and medical staff
- Must be able to problem-solve
We know you are more than a resume and understand your next career move needs to be the right fit! If this is your first time considering Godshall as your trusted partner, welcome! Once you have applied, we ask that you give us 1-2 business days to review your experience and skills. You will then hear back from one of our recruiting professionals on your next step. If you are checking in to see what types of roles we have, please consider reaching out to your recruiter instead. We will happily update your file and make sure we are considering you for all roles your experience is a perfect fit for!
Godshall & Godshall Personnel Consultants, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status as a parent or protected veteran status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Kelly Groom began her career with Godshall in 1998 and has recently returned after taking time off to be with her children and has been with us for over 3 years. Kelly is a graduate of Clemson University with a degree in Management/Marketing. She is a wife and mother to two girls, actively involved with Cancer Survivor Park Alliance, and an avid tennis player.