Medical Procedure Scheduler
Greenville, SC 29607 US
Why you will love this job: Busy physicians office is seeking an adept medical scheduler who is personable and exceptional with organizing and multi-tasking! Will float between 2 offices. Fantastic opportunity for learning new skills and lots of opportunity for growth. Mon-Fri hours with Friday afternoons off!
Salary: $15-$17/hour BOE
What your future day will look like:
- This individual will work closely with patients, hospitals, and ambulatory facilities in matching each patient with a convenient appointment time
- Must be detailed in documentation and able to prep patients for the procedures
- Work with insurance companies to pre-authorize payment for the procedures and talk to patients about procedure costs
- Scheduling and rescheduling of all routine and non-routine medical services for assigned patient population
- Coordinate scheduling and referrals to other healthcare providers and services
- Order, prepare and generate appropriate medical records
- Receive, screen and coordinate telephone calls from healthcare providers
- Daily data entry of medical appointments, special instructions, patient information/jurisdiction, and pre/post-operative instructions
- Prepare reports and forms as directed by licensed staff and in accordance with established policies
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including but not limited to: answering phones; faxing and filing of confidential documents; and basic Internet and email utilization
Benefits Offered: Excellent Benefits
Type: Temp - Hire
To be a champion in this role, you will need:
- Minimum of 1 years of experience scheduling and pre-certifying for surgery or radiology, gastroenterology or cardiology procedures.
- Epic Experience preferred
- Have effective communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal
We know you are more than a resume and understand your next career move needs to be the right fit! If this is your first time considering Godshall as your trusted partner, welcome! Once you have applied, we ask that you give us 1-2 business days to review your experience and skills. You will then hear back from one of our recruiting professionals on your next step. If you are checking in to see what types of roles we have, please consider reaching out to your recruiter instead. We will happily update your file and make sure we are considering you for all roles your experience is a perfect fit for!
Godshall & Godshall Personnel Consultants, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status as a parent or protected veteran status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Kelly Groom began her career with Godshall in 1998 and has recently returned after taking time off to be with her children and has been with us for over 3 years. Kelly is a graduate of Clemson University with a degree in Management/Marketing. She is a wife and mother to two girls, actively involved with Cancer Survivor Park Alliance, and an avid tennis player.