Nonprofit Chief Financial Officer
Greenville, SC 29607 US
What is your perfect fit?
- Would you love working with a well-established church?
- Would you like a 4 day work week? The schedule for this position is Mon-Thurs 10 hours/day
- Sick of a suit and tie? This is a casual environment!
If that describes you, we need to talk!
What your future day will look like:
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to Executive Leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regards to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plans of the organization.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Communicate, engage and interact with COO, Board of Directors, and Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the Executive vision plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors and investors.
- Serve as a key member of the Leadership team.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and planning.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by the COO and Executive Leadership.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss statements by department.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations to COO, and Board upon request.
- Identify, develop and execute new reporting tools to assist Executive Leadership in strategic planning.
- Develop and maintain monthly and annual operating budgets.
- Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Work with COO to ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Work with Human Resources and COO to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization s plans and operating budgets.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
- Manage and develop the accounting and contributions team, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs.
- PTO (vacation and sick time)
Type: Direct hire
To be a champion in this role, you will need:
- At least 5 years of CFO experience in the non-profit sector
- Bachelor degree required and CPA strongly preferred
- Ability to pass background and credit check
- Stable job history
We know you are more than a resume and understand your next career move needs to be the right fit! If this is your first time considering Godshall as your trusted partner, welcome! Once you have applied, we ask that you give us 1-2 business days to review your experience and skills. You will then hear back from one of our recruiting professionals on your next step. If you are checking in to see what types of roles we have, please consider reaching out to your recruiter instead. We will happily update your file and make sure we are considering you for all roles your experience is a perfect fit for!
Godshall & Godshall Personnel Consultants, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status as a parent or protected veteran status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Corie Burleson started her career in the recruiting industry after graduating with a degree in criminal justice from Kennesaw State University in 2011.
Her interests outside of work include exercise, dancing, and spending time outdoors with her husband. She also has a passion for animals and loves to cook.