Charlotte, NC 37857 US
Why you will love this job:
A leading global technical product manufacturing company is in search of an exceptional multiplant Director of Research and Development (R&D) to helm their organization. This pivotal role will challenge your prowess in crafting products tailored to client requirements and enhancements. As a vital team member, you will spearhead identifying prospects for product commercialization in the industrial and HVAC filtration sectors. The R&D position completes an integrated team, collaborating closely with Sales, Quality, Engineering, and Operations Management to drive innovation and success.
Salary: Based On Experience
What your future day will look like:
- Identify, develop, and qualify innovative technologies utilizing existing technologies/materials that enable commercialization of products for end users.
- Lead and manage a timeline of innovative projects.
- Analyzing data to determine product viability concerning design and performance requirements.
- Using Stage Gate methodologies to lead efforts and to report and track progress on multiple product developments.
- Meeting with clients and end users regularly to gain trust and establish positive working relationships.
- Addressing market trends and evaluating competitor's product mix and technologies.
- Coordinating and executing internal and external trials.
- Visiting with clients to determine root cause problems and provide solutions to existing products or developments.
- Communicating with raw material suppliers.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing areas.
- Meeting with the upper-level management team weekly to determine R&D needs.
- Bonus Potential
- Competitive Health and Benefit Package
- Working within the framework of a Global organization
- Beautiful mountainous/rural manufacturing location with year-round ideal and seasonal climate conditions
Type: Direct Hire
To be a champion in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree, advanced degreed preferred in Engineering or relevant scientific discipline.
- 5-10 years' experience in leading the creation process for technical product development.
- Working knowledge of various avanced materials.
- Leadership and strategic thinking
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter
- Customer focused.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally when necessary.
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to drive decision making.
- Ability to multi-task.
We know you are more than a resume and understand your next career move needs to be the right fit! If this is your first time considering Godshall as your trusted partner, welcome! Once you have applied, we ask that you give us 1-2 business days to review your experience and skills. You will then hear back from one of our recruiting professionals on your next step. If you are checking in to see what types of roles we have, please consider reaching out to your recruiter instead. We will happily update your file and make sure we are considering you for all roles your experience is a perfect fit for!
Godshall & Godshall Personnel Consultants, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status as a parent or protected veteran status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President/ Nonwovens Executive Recruiter
Drew Brown joined the Godshall team in 2003 and oversees the Sales and Marketing responsibilities at Godshall. Drew also handles recruiting top tier level talent specifically for the nonwovens industry. After receiving his Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Management from Clemson University, Drew worked for Southern Weaving Company as a process engineer. Later Drew joined a world-renowned chemical company as their sales representative promoting products to the textile and nonwoven industries. Drew is very active as a community volunteer, serving on several Upstate boards. Drew runs the Alaskan Sporting Clay Classic each year to benefit mission work in Alaska and Yukon Territories. When he’s not in the office, you can find Drew at any Clemson related event, golfing, or hunting.