Senior Tax Associate
Greenville, SC 29615 US
What is your perfect fit?
- Do you love the idea of unlimited PTO after busy season?
- Would love to work for a top 10 public accounting firm?
- Would you enjoy a hybrid schedule where you can work 3 days at home each week?
- Would you love to work in beautiful downtown Greenville or scenic Asheville? Take your pick!
If that describes you, we need to talk!
What your future day will look like:
- Assist clients with finance, accounting and strategic needs including tax planning, compliance management, operational decision-making, organizational ownership transactions and other practical financial matters.
- Provides tax preparation services to high-net-worth individuals and complex real estate returns
- Conduct tax research
- Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge/research to a specific client's situations
- Advise clients and be responsible for delivering high quality tax service and advice, including analyzing business processes and identifying ways to automate processes and/or implement improved processes
- Candidates should be growth-motivated with the objectives to grow his/her practice with compliance and consulting service
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Unlimited PTO after busy season
- Full health benefits
- Hybrid work schedule
To be a champion in this role, you will need:
- BA or BS in Accounting or related field required, Masters Degree preferred
- 3+ in public accounting or corporate experience in a tax environment preferred
- CPA certification or candidate preferred
- Strong skills in research and writing required
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Proficient verbal and written English communication skills; ability to communicate effectively required
- Strong skills in tax research and writing preferred
- Professional demeanor towards duties and responsibilities, particularly with regard to independence, professional ethics, and the exercise of professional judgment required
We know you are more than a resume and understand your next career move needs to be the right fit! If this is your first time considering Godshall as your trusted partner, welcome! Once you have applied, we ask that you give us 1-2 business days to review your experience and skills. You will then hear back from one of our recruiting professionals on your next step. If you are checking in to see what types of roles we have, please consider reaching out to your recruiter instead. We will happily update your file and make sure we are considering you for all roles your experience is a perfect fit for!
Godshall & Godshall Personnel Consultants, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status as a parent or protected veteran status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Cathy is a Greenville native who graduated from Clemson with a BS in Business Management. After working for 3 years for Babies R Us in both human resources and inventory control management roles, she joined Godshall in 1999 as a Recruiter and Staffing Specialist. Her primary recruiting focus is in banking, accounting, human resources, legal and administrative placements. She is involved in St. Francis Forum, NALS, Covenant United Methodist Church and Northwood Little League. This breast cancer survivor lives life the fullest by cheering on her two boys in baseball, watching her alma mater play every Saturday during the fall, and splurging on an occasional bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.