Greenville, SC 29607 US
Salary : $50-60K
What is your perfect fit?
- Is the Simpsonville area an ideal location for you?
- Would you love a diverse account role with heavy, complex AP emphasis?
- Do you enjoy a business casual office?
If that describes you, we need to talk!
What your future day will look like:
- Make daily data entries in accounting database, including accounts payable against purchase orders, overhead accounts payable for all companies as needed, expense report creation for seasonal associates and data entries from expense reports
- Monitor the company AP mailbox and contents
- Add new vendors to accounting database with a consistent pattern by company
- Request vendor validation by W-9 form submission and generates 1099 forms at year-end to all vendors/contractors/LLC companies as required by IRS
- Complete income only data entries in accounting database weekly and monthly as directed by their supervisor
- Complete weekly check runs, ACH transmissions for vendors, associates, contractors and coordinate/communicate with accounting department on process
- Notify supervisor of any discrepancies or errors in accounts payable and verify all coding of incoming vendor invoices and expense reports
- Manage Associates receivables accounts and reconciles monthly
- Maintain/oversee/update all vendor files, electronic and hard-copy versions and ensures compliance with accounting policies
- Provide backup support for other members of the Accounting group as needed
- Manage and maintain all accounting documentation timely, in a neat and well-organized format and is accessible and available to other accounting team members as needed
- Assist and support the Sales Financial Analyst, Accounting Director, and CFO as needed
- Medical, dental and vision
- PTO and Holiday Pay
To be a champion in this role, you will need:
- 4-year Accounting or 2-year Accounting or Finance degree with 2-3 years accounting experience; or 5+ years accounting experience
- Job cost accounting experience
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel, Outlook, Word and proficiency in accounting software and/or database systems
- QuickBooks experience
- Ability to problem solve and think critically using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Ability to pass background and personal credit check
- Strong sense of follow-through and dedication to completion of tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) respond quickly to management, vendors and Associates questions or inquiries
- Strong analytical and computation skills
We know you are more than a resume and understand your next career move needs to be the right fit! If this is your first time considering Godshall as your trusted partner, welcome! Once you have applied, we ask that you give us 1-2 business days to review your experience and skills. You will then hear back from one of our recruiting professionals on your next step. If you are checking in to see what types of roles we have, please consider reaching out to your recruiter instead. We will happily update your file and make sure we are considering you for all roles your experience is a perfect fit for!
Godshall & Godshall Personnel Consultants, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status as a parent or protected veteran status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Cathy is a Greenville native who graduated from Clemson with a BS in Business Management. After working for 3 years for Babies R Us in both human resources and inventory control management roles, she joined Godshall in 1999 as a Recruiter and Staffing Specialist. Her primary recruiting focus is in banking, accounting, human resources, legal and administrative placements. She is involved in St. Francis Forum, NALS, Covenant United Methodist Church and Northwood Little League. This breast cancer survivor lives life the fullest by cheering on her two boys in baseball, watching her alma mater play every Saturday during the fall, and splurging on an occasional bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.