Tax Manager - Asheville
Asheville, NC 28806 US
What is your perfect fit?
- Do you love the idea of unlimited PTO after busy season?
- Would love to work for a top 10 firm in public accounting?
- Would you enjoy a hybrid schedule where you can work 3 days at home each week?
- Would you love to work in beautiful downtown Greenville or scenic Asheville? Take your pick!
If that describes you, we need to talk!
What your future day will look like:
- Private Client tax advisors provide sophisticated tax compliance, consulting, and planning services to individuals, multi-generational families, fiduciaries, and more. Our professionals include CPAs and JDs
- The Tax Manager serves as a trusted advisor and member of various client service teams and must possess knowledge of taxation compliance and consulting related to personal, partnership, trust, estate, gift, wealth retention strategies as well as charitable entities managed by ultra-high net worth clients. You will also participate in client development, team management, and conduct research.
- Providing tax compliance and tax advisory services to individuals, closely held flow through entities, trusts, and estates with an emphasis on sophisticated tax matters
- Helping in developing, building, and managing client relationships
- Assisting in managing, developing, and coaching professional tax staff
- Reviewing returns prepared by tax associates and seniors
- Effectively delegating responsibilities to others and monitoring efforts of engagement teams and their growth and development
- Proficiently using technology tools in regular assignments and demonstrating a commitment to improving work processes through the use of technology
- Successfully researching complex tax issues, applying findings to projects, and clearly communicating those findings in writing
- Unlimited PTO after busy season
- Full health benefits
- Hybrid work schedule
To be a champion in this role, you will need:
- Dedication to client service
- An ability to maintain functional expertise and understanding of a client's business or family structure, which is essential to addressing client concerns and challenges
- Excellent supervisory and time management skills
- The ability to exhibit effective communication and listening skills to enhance problem-solving for our clients, team, and operational performance
- 5 - 8 years of related experience in public accounting, law firm or trust department
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA license
- Experience managing staff and multiple client engagements
We know you are more than a resume and understand your next career move needs to be the right fit! If this is your first time considering Godshall as your trusted partner, welcome! Once you have applied, we ask that you give us 1-2 business days to review your experience and skills. You will then hear back from one of our recruiting professionals on your next step. If you are checking in to see what types of roles we have, please consider reaching out to your recruiter instead. We will happily update your file and make sure we are considering you for all roles your experience is a perfect fit for!
Godshall & Godshall Personnel Consultants, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status as a parent or protected veteran status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Cathy is a Greenville native who graduated from Clemson with a BS in Business Management. After working for 3 years for Babies R Us in both human resources and inventory control management roles, she joined Godshall in 1999 as a Recruiter and Staffing Specialist. Her primary recruiting focus is in banking, accounting, human resources, legal and administrative placements. She is involved in St. Francis Forum, NALS, Covenant United Methodist Church and Northwood Little League. This breast cancer survivor lives life the fullest by cheering on her two boys in baseball, watching her alma mater play every Saturday during the fall, and splurging on an occasional bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.