Tax Senior Associate - Asheville
Asheville, NC 28806 US
What is your perfect fit?
- Do you love the idea of unlimited PTO after busy season?
- Would love to work for a top 10 firm in public accounting?
- Would you enjoy a hybrid schedule where you can work 3 days at home each week?
- Would you love to work in beautiful downtown Greenville or scenic Asheville? Take your pick!
If that describes you, we need to talk!
What your future day will look like:
- As a Tax Senior Associate, you value working closely with others to plan for the future and to help successful companies and their owners avoid surprises, coordinate tax strategies, and grow. You will provide authentic support to your teammates and clients and communicate regularly with them to understand their business and industries.
- Providing tax compliance, tax provision, and tax advisory services to pass-through and C-corporation entities with an emphasis on companies operating in the manufacturing and distribution, construction and real estate, professional services and technology, and financial institutions industries
- Assisting in supervising, developing, and coaching professional tax staff
- Helping to develop and manage client relationships
- Providing timely and unmatched client service, exceeding client expectations
- Representing company in the marketplace at networking events
- Participating in the proposal process for potential new clients
- Participating in campus recruiting initiatives and programs
- Contributing to sponsored technical guidance for internal and external publications and to internal learning and development sessions.
- Working with your team to assign projects and resolve scheduling conflicts
- Unlimited PTO after busy season
- Full health benefits
- Hybrid work schedule
To be a champion in this role, you will need:
- Relevant progressive experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate tax and experience in public accounting
- A strong sense of ownership for delivering high-quality service to client service and experience servicing multiple client engagements
- Excellent supervisory, team building, and time management skills
- Ability to work well with a team, as well as independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A solution-finding attitude
- Willingness to take initiative
- Precise attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and against target dates
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant progressive tax experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate tax and public accounting experience
- Master's degree in Accounting, Taxation, Law degree or a related field - preferred
- CPA license - preferred
We know you are more than a resume and understand your next career move needs to be the right fit! If this is your first time considering Godshall as your trusted partner, welcome! Once you have applied, we ask that you give us 1-2 business days to review your experience and skills. You will then hear back from one of our recruiting professionals on your next step. If you are checking in to see what types of roles we have, please consider reaching out to your recruiter instead. We will happily update your file and make sure we are considering you for all roles your experience is a perfect fit for!
Godshall & Godshall Personnel Consultants, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status as a parent or protected veteran status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Cathy is a Greenville native who graduated from Clemson with a BS in Business Management. After working for 3 years for Babies R Us in both human resources and inventory control management roles, she joined Godshall in 1999 as a Recruiter and Staffing Specialist. Her primary recruiting focus is in banking, accounting, human resources, legal and administrative placements. She is involved in St. Francis Forum, NALS, Covenant United Methodist Church and Northwood Little League. This breast cancer survivor lives life the fullest by cheering on her two boys in baseball, watching her alma mater play every Saturday during the fall, and splurging on an occasional bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.